December is here, which means heavy winter weather will be here at any time. Now is the time to make sure you and your car are ready for the cold weather ahead. Here are five tips on how to prepare your car for winter.
- Check the battery. Have your battery checked by a professional to make sure it will give you the performance you need.
- Check the lights. As the days continue to get shorter, make sure all of your exterior and interior lights are working. This will help you see the road and help other drivers see you.
- Get new wipers. Your windshield wiper blades should be replaced every six months or so. Keep your windows clear with a fresh set of blades.
- Check the HVAC system. Make sure your heater, defroster, and air conditioning are all in working order. You might think you don’t need air conditioning in the winter, but it helps remove moisture from the air even if you set it on a warm temperature.
- Don’t skip maintenance. Be sure to follow the recommended maintenance schedule in your owner’s manual. Winter is definitely not a good time to skip an oil change.
If you need help with any of these maintenance steps, schedule an appointment today at Pantili Mitsubishi and we’ll help make your car winter ready.