Real cars are awesome, but cartoon cars are fun! Here are some of the most famous and best cartoon cars to introduce to your kids.
- The Gadgetmobile – Who could forget the Gadgetmobile? Inspector Gadget’s awesome Batmobile rival is modeled after the Mark II Supra and DeLorean. And it goes from car to minivan!
- The Original Optimus Prime – This one is modeled after a Freightliner Cab-Over and is the leader of the Autobots. Optimus Prime is one roaring monster that transforms from a regular truck to a Deception-shredding robot.
- Canyonero – From The Simpsons, this car is part Range Rover, Jeep Grand Wagoneer, plus a bunch of other American stereotypes. With the Canyonero, The Simpsons good-naturedly pokes fun of our “classic American car” obsession.
- Heavy Metal ‘Vette – This cartoon car modeled after a 1960 Corvette is part of the opening sequence to the film Heavy Metal. It launches from a Space Shuttle before touching down in a canyon with an astronaut behind the wheel. Pretty much everyone’s dream.
- Mater – Mater from Cars is almost too infamous. Modeled after a 1951 International Harevester and a 1956 Chevy Truck, it’s rusty, outdated, and full of old redneck jokes.