If you still haven’t chosen a New Year’s resolution, then we have the perfect idea for you: Become a better driver. This goal doesn’t involve any significant amount of skill, time, or money. All you have to do is observe your surroundings and follow a few basic rules, making you a safer and more responsible driver.
Here are a few New Year’s driving resolutions to get you started:
- Familiarize yourself with your vehicle; have you actually read your owner’s manual?
- Make a seatbelt rule in your car, not only enforcing it upon yourself but also upon your passengers, no matter what.
- Slow down this year! Not only is it much safer to drive more slowly, but also, it increases your fuel economy.
- Stop driving on empty. As your gasoline level reaches its lowest, your engine has to work harder, with dirtier gasoline, causing damage with time.
- Put together a hand-written maintenance log and keep it in your glove box, keeping track of your oil changes, tire checks, etc.
- Finally, put a stop to drunk driving – and never ever drive while under the influence again.
For more safe driving tips – or to start the year out behind the wheel of a brand new vehicle – contact us or visit us anytime at Pantili Mitsubishi.