We hate to have to admit it, but winter weather will be upon us before you know it. In fact, it’s already here. Isn’t that joyous?
Fortunately, we here at Pantili Mitsubishi have put together a short list of tools that you should have to help you fight winter weather and make it to your destination safe and sound.
But first, there are some basics that you need to know. Before winter fully takes hold, you’ll want to check the following aspects of your vehicle:
- Belts and hoses
- Fluid levels
- Windshield wipers
Old batteries can leave you stranded, old brakes make it hard to stop on snowy roads, and dim or broken headlights make it difficult for other drivers to spot you in bad driving conditions. To be fully prepared, replace your tires and wipers with winterized accessories.
Once that’s out of the way, you’ll want to consider these handy winter car accessories to keep you going:
- Grip traction plate – being stuck in the snow and unable to get movement beneath your wheels is among the most deflating feelings there is. These products ensure that your tire has something to grip, making it far easier to move out of a snowbank or off the shoulder if you’re stranded.
- Portable power pack – the Cobra Electronics CPP 7500 JumPack Portable Power Pack not only charges your electronic devices, but it packs enough power that it is capable of jump-starting your battery. When you’re stranded on a backroad with no other car in sight for miles around, this is an essential piece of equipment.
- Car cover – if you want to skip the scraping and scratching all-together, why not get a car cover to protect your ride when the snow falls. Removing a car cover and shaking it off sounds far easier than scraping ice off your windshield, dontcha think?
There’s a new Pajero model – which might not be of immediate interest to you, since the Pajero is not available here in the states. But the Pajero just got a facelift as well as a new five-speed manual transmission, showing off changes that can always show up quickly and easily here in the states. The Pajero now looks more stylish and modern than ever before, plus it has an even more customizable driving experience, as well.
The Pajero has a 2.5-liter turbocharged engine that gets ample power and torque, making this SUV a must to check out, no matter what corner of the Mitsubishi universe you happen to live in. Check out the Pajero and think of what elements of its design you’d like to see implemented in Mitsubishis here in the States.
Also, make sure to come see us here at Pantili Mitsubishi to actually check out our current lineup of awesome new cars. We’ve got sedans and SUVs and other great vehicles, just waiting for you to come check them out. You’ll be surprised by the versatility and capability of the Mitsubishi brand, we guarantee it!
That time is upon us, where the streets are covered in snow and ice and nobody wants to leave their houses. Driving in winter conditions can be both dangerous and stressful for both drivers as well as the passengers.
Here are some winter driving tips:
- Make sure that you get the proper amount of sleep so that you can be fully alert when driving
- Never warm up your vehicle in an enclosed area
- Make sure that your tires are properly inflated
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid freezing
- Do not use cruise control when driving on a slippery surface
- If you are going on a long drive, make sure that you car is stocked with all of the essentials (blankets, gloves, hats, food, water, medication, and a cell phone)
Although the weather might not be the best, at Pantili Mitsubishi, we want you to make the best out of the situation by being prepared and being smart about your driving.
The Lancer Evo has been iconic for the Mitsubishi brand and has won people over with its sporty style and speed from under the hood. There are many fans of the Evo that would not want to say goodbye to the Lancer Evo. Sadly it is about the end of the line for the Evo, in its current car form that is.
According to Kanenori Okamoto, a Mitsubishi product head, the Evo will be transforming from a car into an SUV. You can expect to see the SUV have the soul of the previous Evo along with the high performance that it encompassed.
At Pantili Mitsubishi, we are excited to see how the SUV will turn out. With new technology and the focus of going green, it should be a great car!
Having your tires properly inflated not only makes them safer to drive on but it also can get you better gas mileage as well as can make the ride more comfortable. It is easy to check your tire pressure and all you need is one tool, a gauge, which you can purchase for under $20. This is especially important to do in the winter time when you could potentially be driving in rough conditions.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Purchase a tire gauge
- Make sure that your tires are cold (haven’t been driven on in the past 3 hours)
- Insert the pressure gauge into the valve stem on your tire
- Compare the PSI to what is listed in the drivers manual
- If the number does not match, release or add air accordingly
At Pantili Mitsubishi, we want to make sure that you are driving safe this winter and all year round!
If you’re looking for a great pickup truck option, but you’re dissatisfied with the scant and boring options currently available, then we’ve got some exciting news for you. There’s a completely new pickup truck in the works, thanks to a joint partnership between Mitsubishi and Fiat. Mitsubishi will build the new truck off of its existing L200 truck, adding diversity to the Fiat truck lineup and beefing up its midsize truck offerings.
The new Fiat truck will go on sale in early 2016, according to Mitsubishi spokesperson Tetsuji Inoue, who also explained why Mitsubishi was interested in this joint venture: “This is beneficial for both companies because Mitsubishi Motors will boost production and Fiat will strengthen its product lineup,” Inoue said.
Don’t wait till 2016 to check out the Mitsubishi lineup, though. Come see us today at Pantili Mitsubishi and we’ll show you our entire selection of fantastic vehicles. No matter what your automobile needs are or what segment you’re interested in, we’re sure our inventory includes the perfect choice for you.
Welcome to the Pantili Mitsubishi Blog! Pantili Mitsubishi is located in Princeton, West Virginia and proudly serves Princeton and the surrounding areas.
We know that buying a car is a big and exciting purchase, so we want to make sure that you have the best experience possible. All of us here at Pantili Mitsubishi are dedicated to making sure that you receive great customer service, whether it be from our sales, service or parts department.
We have the latest and greatest Mitsubishi cars on the lot as well as a wide variety of used cars of other makes. You can count on receiving a great car for a great price when shopping at Pantili Mitsubishi!
Make sure that you are checking back weekly to stay up to date on Mitsubishi, community, and dealership news. You don’t want to miss out! Want to find out more about these topics and others? Visit us on Facebook and Google+, and follow us on Twitter!